I'm sitting on the floor of my mom's home office, the desk is too cluttered with papers and books to fit my too large laptop on and I know better than to disturb mom's piles (she's got some kind of paper based random access file system here that defies all reason). I'm sitting here becaues it's the closest point with internet access to the guest room where I'm currently living. I decided to move this morning. When I came out of my room to eat breakfast the fridge had been moved to an unknown location and three men I didn't know were cheerfully tearing down one of the kitchen walls. If you've ever experienced this you know it's not the best way to start the day, especially with less than an hour to go until the start of a five hour final exam.
I managed to get out and buy my exam candy and even stop by here at my parents' for a five minute breakfast and still got to the exam with minutes to spare.
My ideas concerning exam candy may need a little explaining. About a week before a major exam it's time to go into pre-exam mode, lots of studying at any and all hours. During this time I limit my intake of sugar as much as I can force myself (I can stay away from candy, but mom's baking cannot be resisted). With blood sugar levels at a normal or lowered level the brain works sluggishly, but I'll work my way through the problems. Then on the exam I'll eat candy and drink sweetened tea to let my brain go into overdrive and since I've trained with a stupid brain everything gets very easy with a smart one. It's kind of like practicing running at high altitude... or just a reason to eat lots of candy during the exam.
I'm fairly confident that I've put Dynamical Systems and Chaos behind me and now I'm looking forward to Quantum Mechanics next Wednesday.